FRIENDS FOR HOPE
10th ANNUAL BATTLE on the BAY FISHING TOURNAMENT OFFICIAL RULES 2021
All entrants must have registration form on file by 8pm Friday, June 11th, 2021 at the Captain’s Meeting.
- All entrants must have registration form on file by 8:00 PM, Friday, June 11, 2021 at the Captain’s Meeting. Anglers will receive their boat number and an overview of the rules. No registration on day of tournament.
- All live and artificial bait is allowed. All fish must be taken by rod and reel.
- Entrants must have a valid 2021 Texas Fishing License and Saltwater Stamp.
- Each person in the boat MUST BE entered in the tournament, (Max 5 people per boat) 1 Captain 4 Anglers.
- One pole per angler. You can have more than one rod and reel on the boat, but you cannot fish with more than one at a time.
- No fish pooling is permitted between teams. Only fish caught by team members on the weigh in date are eligible for official weigh in. Pooling of fish will result in disqualification.
- Wading is permitted but within sight of the boat.
- Fishing hours are from 6:00am – 4:00pm Saturday, June 12, 2021. Boats can leave the docks at 5:30AM. No check in on day of tournament required to start fishing.
- Weigh in will be at Louie’s Backyard from 2pm – 4:00pm. You must be in line ready to weigh in by 4:00pm. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Fish must be fresh and in edible condition. No mutilated fish will be accepted.
- Our scales and ruler will be the only official measuring device.
- Winning fish will be determined by weight. Ties will be broken by length, (lengths will be measured according to the current Texas Parks and Wildlife Department regulations and procedures).Anglers will weigh in one species of each redfish and flounder. The fish brought in to weigh is final. No substitutions of fish other than the one brought in.
- Oversized Redfish will DISQUALIFY entrant from that species (Over 28 inches) as per The State of Texas requirements.
- To allow the population to recover following the Freeze of 2021, Trout will not be a participatory species this year.
- All anglers weighing in fish will need to sign weigh cards. Anglers assume the responsibility of meeting rules and requirements.
- All weighed fish will be marked by removing a pectoral fin.
- Only one fish per species will be weighed in per angler.
- Tournament Director’s watch will be used for Official Time. There will be an announcement made at the Captain’s Meeting at 7:30pm, Friday June 11, 2021.
- All anglers, including minors agree to take a polygraph test if required by a Friends for Hope member or the Friends for Hope weigh master. Failure to take or pass a polygraph test will result in disqualification from this tournament and all future tournaments. If the angler is a minor, a parent or legal guardian shall agree for the minor to submit to such polygraph testing.
- Any protest must be brought to the attention of the tournament director prior to 5:00 PM on Saturday, June 12, 2021. All decisions of The Weigh Master and Friends for Hope board are final.